Virginia is for Doulas is growing
Virginia is for Doulas is seeking compassionate, confident, outgoing, professionals to join the VIFD family team. We work as a team, read more about that here, and we could not offer the stellar support to our clients that we do without our team and affiliated doulas.
Interested? You must:
- Be compassionate about supporting new families through *their* birth and parenting choices.
- Be professional and willing to communicate and live our mission of providing nonjudgmental support to families in Virginia and West Virginia.
- Be willing to train with Family Bliss or another approved Doula Training Organization, complete training to to become certified and have a willingness to add continued education to better serve VIFD families.
- Have or be willing to train extensively in breastfeeding knowledge and support
- Have or be willing to train extensively in postpartum mood disorders
- Have effective communication skills and follow through, this is of the utmost importance not only for clients but agency communication.
- Be interested in mentorship and team building.
- Be willing to work professionally and respectfully with the providers and other community members for the benefits of VIFD families.
- Live in the WV Eastern Panhandle, Winchester, and surrounding areas or at least willing to travel to clients living and birthing in the WV Eastern Panhandle, Winchester, Loudoun County and the Shenandoah Valley.
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of a team support, mentorship and community reputation
- Being a part of changing families lives and experiences
- As an affiliated doula/IC you simply have to worry about working with clients, communication, learning and growing, and a few other things. The agency takes care of all of the back end work so that you can simply support new families.
- You get to be a part of something bigger. As a team, we can support more families than we ever could alone.
How to Apply
Please send your letter of intent and two references to email@example.com Your letter of intent should include:
- What you feel you would bring to the Virginia is for Doulas family
- What ” non judgmental support” means to you
- How you meet all of our requirements
- What your goals are for work as a Postpartum or Labor Doula, Placenta Specialist or Childbirth Educator
- What positions you are interested in
- What areas and birthing locations you are interested in serving
- Tell us why your passionate about serving families, what is your “why”?
- Tell us one amazing thing about you
Please send us an email for further information before applying.
Take a training with Us
After our initial communication, resume and letter review, initial interview if you have been selected to work with Virginia is for Doulas, you will begin your Birth & Postpartum Training, you will be given details about this at our initial interview!
Breastfeeding Education Training
Breastfeeding Counselor Training through Childbirth International (at your own pace)
Certified Lactation Counselor through Healthy Children’s Center for Breastfeeding (in person training)