How to Hire Virginia is for Doulas
Looking for a Doula in Leesburg or the Shenandoah Valley?
So you have finally decided to add a doula to your birth team or you've heard that adding a doula to your birth team comes with so many benefits. What is the next step? How do you go about hiring a doula for your birth and making sure they are the best fit for your birth? All common questions and today I want to talk about how to hire Virginia is for Doulas for your birth. We want all of your questions to be answered and here is how it's done. Before contacting us, feel free to read some of our love notes from past clients.
- First, give us a call (540-216-2909) or fill out our contact form. You will receive an email notifying you that we have received your form submission and a response linking our Informational Packet for initial review. Your intake call will be done by our fabulous owner, Tiffany. This intake call is for to tell us what you are looking for, any concerns, or goals and we will tell you how we can support you. When you get off the phone with Tiffany, you should know exactly what to expect from our doulas and what the next step is.
- At the end of your intake call with Tiffany, you will schedule a consultation to meet the doulas. The consultation is done in the comfort of your own home so that you do not have to worry about one more appointment or finding childcare. Tiffany takes time to get to know you and exactly what you need to match you with the perfect doula team!
- After your intake call Tiffany will send the contracts for services discussed via email for your review.
- Your meeting with your doula team will take approximately 45 minutes to an hour. During this time you will focusing talking about what you are looking for, what your goals and wishes are, what our support will look like in this Doula relationship. From here you can leave your doulas with a signed the digital contract sent via email previously, or take some time to meet other doulas before deciding on who to hire.
- Once you sign a contract, welcome! Welcome to the comfort of support and Virginia is for Doulas! Your doula team is on call 24/7 for the rest of your pregnancy and you will communicate with them anytime you have questions, concerns or need a listening ear. Your team will see you again at your prenatal visit.
Often clients are googling the internet for "What questions to ask a doula?" "What to look for in a doula before hiring her?". It is important to ask questions that are important for you to know, that answer your questions about your plans, or concerns you have about your pregnancy or the birth, like how well will they work with your provider. These questions always look different for each family. Below is a list of questions that can be asked during the intake call or at the consultation with your doula team.
- What made them become a doula?
- Do they have referral/resources for services in the community that will be helpful for you?
- When do they go on call for you?
- What system do they have in place should you go into labor and they are at another birth, sick with a contagious illness, have a family emergency/death?
- What would happen if you went into preterm labor?
- Do you support all birth choices?
- What is their relationship like with the hospital you plan to deliver at?
- How will they work with your chosen care provider?
- What other services do they provide and who do they refer to if they do not provide them?
If you have further questions, please give us a call or send us an email. Pregnancy comes with unexpected challenges, but with Virginia is for Doulas on your team you will feel confident, supported and ready to meet your little one. We are excited to support you!