Grab your night cap because you're about to experience something wonderful, peaceful sleep with a newborn.
Are you looking for overnight support in Northern Virginia or the Shenandoah Valley? A night nanny or overnight nurse?
Look no further, a postpartum doula will meet your needs.
Are you looking for someone at night to help you meet your goals:
- A baby and a mom that sleeps
- A baby and mom that wake up refreshed
- A baby that has a more predictable sleeping routine
Are you afraid of feeling alone?
- You need some adult time
- You need someone who knows all the things about babies and parenting
- You need someone to sit there with you and talk you throughout the entire process
Your biggest need is your family being taken care of
- You are the one that takes care of the family, but you know you need to rest
- You can still take care of the family, but only if you're rested
- When you are well rested, nourished emotionally and physically, you are your best
You want the facts, the systems, and a plan to keep things running smoothly
- A system for helping your baby sleep better/more
- A system for making your night time process easier
- Someone who is experienced and knows all the latest facts to help you make the best decisions for you and your baby
Regardless of your needs and desires, a Postpartum Doula will help you achieve them. Think of having an expert who is helping you exactly how you need, non-judgementally, professionally, and compassionately - that is what postpartum doula support looks like.
You can adjust your support to fit your needs. Most families start out with 3-4 overnights in the first month, moving to 2-3 in the next few weeks and either down to 1 or two a week from there until they are personally ready.
How is a Postpartum Doula different than a nanny?
While a nanny may be a fantastic addition to your family support system at a later age, the biggest difference between a postpartum doula and a nanny/night nurse is that PPDs focus on the WHOLE family. Postpartum Doulas have training and experience that ranges from carry for moms on bed rest, extra medical needs, babies with colic, nursing difficulties, normal and abnormal emotional recovery for mom, normal and abnormal emotional recovery for partner, sibling support, sleep support and more. We don't just focus on the baby, we focus on you, your family and the baby.